All of the options below are found in the Marine Aquarium settings menu under
the Settings tab. To bring up the settings menu, press the spacebar on your
keyboard while Marine Aquarium is running.
Exit on Mouse Move
- If this is checked; you can exit the
Marine Aquarium by moving your mouse or pressing a non-hotkey (see above) on
your keyboard. If this option is not checked, you can only exit the program
by pressing the ESC key.
Disable Monitor Sleep Mode
- Some monitors will shutdown after
a period of time. This option allows Marine Aquarium to override this shutdown
and continue running.
Always on Top in Windowed Mode
- When Marine Aquarium
is in Windowed Mode (See "W" hot key above.) this option will place
the program window over any other program you are running.
Starfish Allowed on Glass
- If this box is checked and the
automatic lighting is on (see below), the starfish will climb onto the "glass"
of your monitor and show off its belly.
- Fades crystal clock to prevent burn in over long term use.
Start Window Mode
- Launches Marine Aquarium in windowed mode
to take advantage of Anamorphic Settings. For more information on Anamorphic
Settings click HERE
- Displays Marine Aquarium in widescreen mode
which uses an additional Fish (for a total of eight) and expanded background
Each of your monitors can be set separately by choosing the monitor with a dropdown
menu. Once selected you can change the individual settings as outlined below.
- Dropdown menu lets you choose one of your
- Sets Anamorphic Factor for the specified
monitor. For more information on Anamorphic settings click HERE
- Blacks out the specified monitor. If you are seeing
black on one monitor and not the others, most likely this option has been checked
for one of your monitors.
Windows Resolution and Color Bit Depth
Controls the Desktop resolution and Color depth settings for the specified
- Resolution Dropdown menu - "Default Desktop Resolution"
will match the program display to your current desktop settings for color
depth and resolution.
- 16/32 bit - Forces Marine Aquarium to display at 16 or 32bit
color depth regardless of desktop settings.
- Automatic Lights - To prevent your monitor from burning
in over long term use, the Marine Aquarium will cycle the lighting from light to dark across the tank. Un-checking this box will give you full control of the lighting.
- Delay Slider - Determines the length, from light to dark,
of the lighting cycle when in Automatic lighting mode.
- Lights Slider - Manual setting for the lighting when not
in Automatic lighting mode.
Limit Frame Rate
- Forces the frame rate (animation speed)
of the Marine Aquarium to the frequency you select. If Marine Aquarium
is jerking, or running slowly, you may need to reduce the frame rate below the
default 62 by using the slider bar.
Bubbles and Sound
- Column - Activates/Deactivates bubble column. Bubble sound
will still be present and is controlled by the sound settings below.
- Volume Slider - Controls bubble volume.
- Always On - Bubble sound will always be heard when the
Aquarium is running.
- When Active - Bubble sound will only be heard when the
Aquarium window is visible. Helpful when Aquarium is in Windowed mode (see
"F" in the hot keys list above.)
- Off - Turns off bubble sound entirely.